Here are my top picks right now:
1. Conscious Heart: Seven Soul-Choices That Inspire Creative Partnership
2. Conscious Loving: A Way to Be Fully Together Without Giving Up Yourself
Both by Gay and Kathlyn Hendricks
I’m just halfway through Conscious Heart right now. Every time I sit down to read it I’m reminded of what’s possible in relationship and it really resonates and inspires. I haven’t started Conscious Loving yet but the Hendricks are absolute masters in the field of relating. These two books are relationship game changers and I highly recommend them.
3. Transformation through Intimacy: The Journey to Awakened Monogamy
By Robert Augustus Masters
I discovered this book while living in Costa Rica last year and was immediately blown away by its depth and insight. The last chapter is called, ‘Attracting Our Beloved’ and is designed for those who are single. While brief, it's freaking amazing and so is the rest of the book!
4. Mating in Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic
By Esther Perel
I totally loved reading this book! Esther Perel also has an awesome Ted Talk and her work focuses on how to balance the need for closeness, intimacy, and vulnerability with our thirst for excitement, passion, and the erotic in our relationships.
5. Codependent No More: Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself
By Melody Beattie
I never thought this material would apply to me until I stopped to browse this book. Woah. This one is truly empowering and highlights a lot of the ‘ancestral patterns’ that we sometimes unknowingly carry forward from our families—especially for those of us that come from dysfunctional backgrounds—oh wait…that’s most of us!
6. Dear Lover: A Woman’s Guide to Men, Sex, and Love’s Deepest Bliss
7. Finding God Through Sex: Awakening the One of Spirit Through the Two of Flesh
Both by David Deida
I own most of Deida’s books and while I haven’t read them much in the last few years, his work has really affected my sense of the feminine and masculine and how they can work harmoniously together. He also has a book for men called ‘Way of the Superior Man.’ I also recommend his other books on sexuality as well.